Wittman Tailwind

Flying around in a W8

The intake snouts on the new cowl were significantly bigger than the previous cowl because it was made to enclose an O-300, O-320, or O-360 engine typically found in the W10 Tailwind and not the O-200 in my W8. I used silicone baffle material to tunnel the air into the plenum, but it didn't work and...

Today was the day. Tail number applied. Log books signed. Fluids and systems checked. Run-up passed. Three touch and goes without incident. This was the first time NX11018 has flown since July 2, 2016, just shy of one and a half years ago. What an amazing experience to finally fly after all the work...

Unless I've forgotten something, tail number decals should be all that remain in order to go flying (aside from log book entries). I have no intention of flying internationally nor in excess of 180 knots so the tail number is not required to have 12-inch tall characters like the previous paint schem...

This part has been a long time coming. I started this rebuild project on January 21, over ten months ago. Ten looong months and I don't know how many hours. To see what my Tailwind looks like now compared to how it looked the previous six years I've owned it is something I'm very proud of. I remembe...